This website is owned and operated by DL Simplified Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, and “ourselves”) trading as DL Simplified.
- DL Simplified LTD (we, usor our) is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- Your duty to inform us of changes – it is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current, therefore please keep us informed of any changes to your personal data.
Third-party links – our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on these links or enabling connections you may be allowing third parties to collect or share your personal data. We have no control of these third-party websites, plug in or applications and are not responsible for their privacy policies, therefore you should also read their privacy policies to understand what personal data they collect about you and how they use it.
The data we collect about you
For the purposes of this data policy, ‘personal data’ or ‘confidential data’ can be defined as any identifying information as it relates to an individual. We never keep personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose in which that data was collected. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as described below:
- Identity Data which may include first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, driving licence number and its expiry date, national insurance number.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- We use a third party to collect and process your financial data including, as appropriate, your bank account or payment card details. The third party will confirm that your payment was successful and pass payment to us.
- As part of fulfilling this service, we may collect “Sensitive Personal Data” about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). We may also collect information about criminal convictions and offences. We will not store this data once we have forwarded it to you.
Failure to provide personal data – If we are required by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, to collect your personal data and you fail to provide it, we may not be able to enter into perform the contract with you and, we may have to cancel a product or service. We will notify you of this at the relevant time.
How personal data is collected
We automatically collect personal data when you browse or interact with our website, by using web forms, and other similar technologies.
We may also receive personal data from:
- Analytics providers based outside the EU (such as Google);
- Advertising networks inside and outside the EU;
- Search information providers inside the EU;
Our suppliers such as payment providers, delivery services, website support and maintenance providers.
How we use your personal data
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data:
- to deliver the services you request from us
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where it is necessary to carry out our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- We do generally only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data to send email and SMS marketing communications and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information.
- Marketing – We may analyze your personal data to form a view on what products and or services we think may be of interest to you. You will only receive marketing communications from us, if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us, if you consent to marketing at the time we collect your personal data and you have not subsequently opted out or withdrawn your consent or if we have another basis to send you the marketing communications.
- We will get your express opt in before sharing any of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. We do not sell lists, accept advertising, or generate any third-party revenue from the information that is generated on this website.
- Even if you opt out of receiving marketing, we may still use your personal data for other purposes provided we have a lawful basis to do so.
- Change of purpose – We will only use your personal data for the purpose that we originally collected it for, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to use your personal data in this manner.
We may process your personal data (without your knowledge or consent) where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. They can only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- When sharing your data with third, it may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
- Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe with our services providers.
- We may transfer data to US based service providers under the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact our DPO if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Please bear in mind, however, that no security system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, DL Simplified cannot guarantee or warrant the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information you supply through this Website will not be intercepted whilst being transmitted over the Internet. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and they can only process your personal data on our instructions and will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us. However, we are legally required to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers, for tax purposes.
We may also anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. We can use anonymized information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
- You have certain rights in certain circumstances under data protection law. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact our DPO (email@example.com).
- You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights. However, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee for this information or refuse to comply with your request.
- We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity when you contact us. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.